Schedule an appointment:
Call for a free consultation.
Complete Eating Disorder Questionnaire
Call for a free phone consultation
Article by Dr. Linda:
"Overcome Binge Eating"
Some Startling Facts About Eating Disorders
- According to the National Association of Anorexia and Associated Disorders approximately seven million women and one million men are suffering from eating disorders.
- The Center for Disease Control in Atlanta reports that over 20 million people in the U.S. are suffering from some type of an eating disorder.
- It is estimated that 3 to 6 per cent of the serious cases of eating disorders will die that is a higher death rate than any other mental disorder.
- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa are classified amount the most serious mental disorders along with schizophrenia, major depression and bipolar disorder.
- An unusual increase or decrease in weight not related to a medical condition
- Abnormal eating habits such as severe dieting, secretive bingeing, purging, and withdrawn behavior
- An all encompassing preoccupation with weight and body image
- Compulsive or excessive exercising
- Self-induced vomiting, periods of fasting or laxative, diet pill or diuretic abuse
- Feelings of isolation, depression or irritability
- Super achievers
- Goes to bathroom often
- Wearing baggy clothes
- Overly concerned about looks
- Cold all of the time
- Preoccupied with male attention
- Wont eat at meals
- Wants to belong to in group
- Pushes food around on the plate
- Overly independent
- Picky about what foods they will eat
- Fights for control over food and in other areas of their life
- Overly compliant
- Damaged teeth enamel
- Hides food
- Remorseful after overeating