Eating disorders rob the individual from living a healthy life filled with passion. It is my goal to help men and women stay on the path of lifelong recovery and growth. My treatment approach helps individuals restore their self esteem, discover their personal mission, enhance their relationships and live their lives with love and laughter.
In addition to individual sessions, there are groups, tele-seminars and workshops that promote ongoing recovery and growth. Many of my clients are entrepreneurs, executives and professionals who have developed successful, full and rewarding professional and personal lives.
My INTENSIVE TREATMENT APPROACH is based on a 6-level approach to recovery:
LEVEL l: Moving out of denial into AWARENESS
LEVEL 2: Increasing SELF ESTEEM and SETTING BOUNDARIES
LEVEL 3: Establishing a STABLE FOUNDATION
LEVEL 4: Expanding OPPORTUNITIES and MANAGING STRESS
LEVEL 5: Continuing to GROW for MAXIMUM SUCCESS
LEVEL 6: Ongoing Consultation to MAXIMIZE SUCCESS & MINIMIZE STRESS
A strong focus of treatment is on developing skills that offer MAXIMUM GROWTH while MINIMIZING the possibility of relapse. It is my goal to help patients develop a strong, stable sense of self.
Goals of Treatment
The following are some of the major treatment goals. They apply to all individuals who are participating in the program whether recovering from anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa or binge eating. Specific goals and individualized treatment planning is done with each individual and is updated during treatment in order to promote full recovery.
- Ending symptomatic behaviors
- Addressing fears of foodIncreasing awareness of emotional versus physical cravings
- Increasing self esteem
- Increasing awareness of self destructive behaviors
- Addressing issues related to inner cravings
- Learning to listen to your body
- Separating food issues from feelings
- Developing a strong internal foundation
- Increasing self trust
- Developing awareness of triggers
- Learning new responses and managing triggers
- Uncovering childhood issues that are affecting recovery
- Understanding and healing early childhood issues
- Addressing issues of guilt and shame
- Learning to let go of old hurts and disappointments in order to live in the present
- Increasing positive communication skills
- Increasing assertion skills
- Anger management
- Finding satisfaction in everyday life: learning to live in the moment
- Satisfying career goals
- Increasing intimacy in personal relationships
- Developing effective stress management skills
- Developing a strong support system
- Reinforcing newly learned behaviors
- Growth within the family system
- Preventing relapse
Please contact me for more information or to arrange a free confidential consultation.